Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Review of The Walking Dead TV Series 6 Abraham Ford Figure!

The Basics:
Scale: 5"
Price: $14.99 in store, $14.99 -$29.99 online












 Sculpt and Paint:
Apart from Hershel, I think that this figure sports the best likeness to the actor portraying the character, in this case, Michael Cudlitz. The only flaw that a few people have pointed out in regards to the head is that the paint for the hair and mustache is a bit off. Yes the hair is much more of a vibrant red in the show, but I think this looks better, and even in the show the mustache doesn't match his hair so that's fairly accurate. Other than that, the likeness is uncanny. 






The figure depicts Abraham as we first see him in season 4 in his tanktop and camo pants. Most people wanted him with the black t-shirt but I prefer this look. I think for some reason it stands out more. The only odd thing is that when you raise his arms, there's this weird thing going on by his armpit.  I have no clue what it is, but it's not a major thing, just something I found interesting. I love the sculpt work on his combat gloves, they look really cool, and adding his watch was a nice touch. His camo pants are really baggy and flow really nicely, leading down to his very detailed combat boots. One thing to note is that the section right below his waist where his belts are, is a separate piece, and I have seen several (mine included) where the piece comes packaged assembled incorrectly, it's a relatively easy fix, I held the legs and the piece they are attached to together and grabbed the belt piece by the thickest section and pulled to move it in the right direction. It takes some force but can be done.





His second belt is a rubber piece that is moveable, and the gun holster attached to it is really well done with some nice paint shading to give it a worn out look and it even has a cross on the side which I never noticed in the show, but it looks really cool. The paint work on this figure is really well executed and there is virtually no slop on my figure, but since his upper body is mainly skin tone, you should make sure there are no paint smudges on him.

Accessories:
Abraham comes with three weapons. Now I'm not a gun expert, so I have no idea what the technical term for the biggest gun is, I'm assuming a rifle of some kind. He also comes with a dessert eagle (one of 4 gun names I know) and a knife which is too small for his hands, so it constantly falls out of them. He holds the guns perfectly though! While that isn't a lot of accessories compared to Rick or Hershel, I don't know what else I would have given him, so I think it's pretty good and character appropriate.



Articulation:
For articulation, Abraham has a ball-jointed head, swivel-hinge shoulders, swivel-hinge elbows, swivels at the lower wrists, swivel-hinge at the upper wrists, swivel waist, swivel-hinge hips, swivel-hinge knees (the hinge is a bit restricted due to the sculpt of the baggy pants), and a swivel at the boot.

Overall:
I think this another solid figure from this wave and probably the definitive (and only) Abraham figure out there. We do have a Comic Series Abraham coming out soon, so it'll be interesting to see how he compares to this one, but I definitely think this figure is worth getting. He has great articulation, character accurate accessories, and really well executed paint.
10 OUT OF 10!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment