Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review of the DC Collectibles Arkham Origins Batman figure!

Character Bio:
As a young boy Bruce Wayne saw his parents fall victim to a senseless crime. He vowed to avenge their deaths by fighting Gotham City's criminal element as Batman. Tonight the stakes are higher than ever - a bounty on his head, eight deadly assassins tailing his every move, and  a vicious new menace in town - all on Christmas Eve no less! Still a novice Batman must hone his detective prowess, combat skills, and create specialized gadgets to protect his city, and himself on this not so silent night.
Scale: 6 1/2", Price: $24.99 at my local comic shop


Sculpt and Paint:
DC Collectibles has officially blown my mind. The sculpt on this figure is as game accurate as it gets. All of the armor, the padding, the belt, everything is spot on to the in-game model. The cape sits nicely on his back, it's made from a very pliable plastic and doesn't make him back heavy. His face sculpt is incredible. I've had a lot of Batman figures over the years, but this is THE head sculpt that screams "BATMAN!" to me.  I could sing praises all day, but I'll just put up the pictures.













 
The paint work is fantastic as well, There's a small chip on the back of his right boot that was from getting him out of the package and the twist tie scraping against it. So the paint on mine WAS perfect, but the damn twist tie....damn... Oh and be careful getting him out of the package. His cape is through the plastic tray as most are nowadays, but his ears are also through it as well, I don't know how breakable they are, but I didn't risk it , I just pulled it out very slowly.
 
Articulation and Accessories:
Now I'll tell you right of the bat he has no accessories but this is one of those instances where the figure as a whole is just so damn good that I can overlook it. Now for articulation....oh this is going to be so sweet. Now when you read this, keep in mind this is a DC Collectibles figure. He has a ball jointed head, swivel-hinge shoulders, swivel-hinge elbows, swivel-hinge wrists, ab crunch, swivel waist, H-joint hips, swivel at the upper knee, double-hinge knees, swivel at the top of the ankle, ankle hinge, and a rocker at the lower ankle. It is so well executed as most of the joints are hidden beneath the armored bits of the batsuit.
 


OVERALL:
This figure, is hands down the best Batman figure I have ever owned, yes it can be argued that Batman uses gadgets and should have at least one open hand and a batarang, but I think he does just as well with out it, when it comes down to it, Batman is trained in so many different types of martial arts, and he is a fighter, so I think it's fine that he has two fists. I would love to have more pictures but this is the only Arkham Origins figure I have as of now. If and when I get Bane though, then we'll have some serious fun. Overall Batman is one of the most satisfying figure purchases I have made this year and deserves a spot in every Bat-fans home. DC Collectibles, you have created what is in my opinion the definitive Batman figure, and I applaud you.

10 OUT OF 10!!!!!!!






Had some fun with photoshop!

2 comments:

  1. Love this figure. Have waited for a Batman I can consider the pinnacle of my collection and this is hands down IT! This is one intimidating, well sculpted Bats and is now my favorite Batman of any line from any company. Kudos DCC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment man, and congrats on getting this figure! He definitely is a beauty!

      Delete