Sunday, September 16, 2012

Review of Marvel Legends Wave 3 X-Force Deadpool




Character Bio:

Deadpool - aka Wade Wilson - is the infamous "Merc with a Mouth." His career as a mercenary began while  still in his late teens, when he became a test subject in Department K's branch of the joint US/Canadian superhuman enhancement project, better known as the "Weapon X" program. Horribly scarred and slightly insane due to the super-soldier process that bestowed him with an accelerated healing factor, Deadpool has become one of the Marvel Universe's favorite loud-mouthed, smart-alecky, super-assassins/mercenaries!
 
Sculpt and Paint:









 
 
YES!!!!!!! Finally a Deadpool figure for my collection! I gave up on finding the Warpath two pack one or the original for anything under $100 and I found this one for $19!!! YES!!!! I am so psyched to finally have a Deadpool. This figure, as I'm told, is a straight repaint of the Warpath two-pack one. Now I love the figure but I don't like the gear, more specifically the harness. I've read a lot of X-Force with Pooly in it and I haven't seen him with this harness. Does that mean you shouldn't get the Figure? NO!!!!!!!!! He's awesome, it's just my personal preference and I've fixed that in..well.........we'll get to that later. The sculpt, whether re-used or not, is well done. The head is perfect, and the only other unique area of the sculpt are his feet which also are sculpted well. The harness, although I'm not a fan, is well done and the little Deadpool logo is nice. The paint on mine is perfect but as this is a paint heavy, not sculpt heavy figure, check the paint everywhere before picking yours up. I haven't heard any complaints about the figure but still, keep an eye out.
 
 
Accessories and Articulation:


 
Deadpool comes with qite a lot of gear. His harness, a pistol harness, a machine gun (I think), a pistol, two katanas and two katan sheathes as well as a display base. As for articulation he  has a swivel-hinge head, swivel-hinge shoulders, swivel bicep, double-hinge elbows, swivel-hinge wrists, swivel pectoral joints? (no idea what they're called, they allow his arms to go back aand forth at the chest for some cool poses) an ab-crunch, a swivel waist, swivel-hinge hips, swivel thighs, double-hinge knees, anda swivel-hinge ankle! WHOO!!!!!

OVERALL:
Releasing Deadpool in his X-Force colors was a great move by Hasbro and I'm happy to call him mine. If you can find him, go out and get one, he's worth it! BANG!

10 OUT OF 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Now in the sculpt and paint section I mentioned I will discuss something later. Pooly here will be the subject of my first Go-Fgure post which will be up either tomorrow or tuesday!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment