Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Comic Book Day Haul

Let's start off this week's haul with everyone's favorite pyschopathic smybiote.

Carnage U.S.A. #5 of 5
Carnage_USA_5_Full
This mini-series definitely wasn't the best Carnage mini-series but it also wasn't the worst. The first few issues were a blast to read but towards the middle it lost steam. The conclusion is done well but lacks any big action sequence to write home about. They definitely played it safe with the ending. In a semi-related note, the symbiote "swat-team" (ni my opinion) was unecessary. Just my opinion. Overall a decent ending to a decent story arc.
3 out of 5!

Winter Soldier #4
Winter Soldier_4_Full
Proving to be one of my favorite current titles in Marvel, Winter Soldier gets better with every issue. The art is stellar and the writing is top notch. I hope this title sticks around and to those who aren't reading, your missing out!
5 out of 5!

The Shade #7
shade7
I love this series. It takes its time with its stories, it has great artists, and wonderful writing. It has a great old school vibe while keeping it modern. (If that makes sense) It's going to be sad when this series ends in 5 more issues...
4.5 out of 5!!!

Scarlet Spider #4
Scarlet Spider_4_Full
This is a truely great book. The writing is fantastic and I love the art style. Kaine is a fantastic character that is so well written, like me, you'll forget about 'ol peter parker. This series is one of my favorites, so here's hoping that Marvel doesnt cancel this like it did to Ghost Rider, and a few other titles recently.
5 out of 5!!!

Avengers Assemble #2
Avengers Assemble_2_Full
Eh, I loved the first issue, it was a great intro, but this issue let me down a bit. Definitely was not as good as the first issue but the art was still gorgeous. That said i'll stick around for issue #3, but if it doesn't do much for me, i'll have to drop it.
3 out of 5!

Pick of the Week:
Scarlet Spider_4_Full

Scarlet Spider #4!

No comments:

Post a Comment