Saturday, March 15, 2014

Recovering Lost Things & The Weekly Comic Haul

Hey guys, to make a long story short, I'm back...for real this time. Last time all the photos I had taken for the planned reviews were deleted due to an issue with my camera's SD card, so between having to retake the pictures, and college, I've finally gotten back on track. I also picked up some truly amazing figures. One of the first ones which will take precedence over the others and will be reviewed first probably tonight, is the Walking Dead Series 5 Daryl Dixon and Chopper box set. Truly an amazing figure, and my first Daryl Dixon figure. I had ordered him from Toys R Us' website where he sold out in about a day or two, he should still be up for preorder on Amazon and other figure websites. Another option is to check your local Toys R Us as I've heard he is popping up there, and because I got Daryl, I had to pick up Merle. The Dixon brothers go hand in hand.

Next, I also scored the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Captain America The Winter Soldier, Winter Soldier and Stealth Captain America movie figures!



Lastly, I got my hands on a DC Collectibles Arkham Origins Deathstroke!
























And now, for the weekly comic haul!

Superman/Wonder Woman #6



I am a huge Tony S.Daniel fan so that was reason enough for me to jump on this title when it came out, but it has surprised me and is quickly becoming my favorite New 52 title for Supes. The writing by Soule is just spot on for all of the characters, and this issue had an incredible fight with Superman and Wonder Woman against Zod and Faora. This was my pick of the week, until I read the next comic book...regardless this gets a 10 out of 10!









Superior Spider-Man #29



Everything in SpOck's world is coming to a head and the Goblin King is going to tear it all down around him. Holy crap guys, this issue was absolutely amazing. Between a really awesome plot-twist, some old characters returning to their roots, and SpOck becoming that much more like Peter, these last two issues look to be phenomenal.
10 out of 10 and PICK OF THE WEEK!










Nightwing #29



The end is in sight, as the next issue is the final one in the Nightwing series. I really loved this issue. it continues the story started in #28, and just really makes me love the Nightwing character even more and makes me really sad to say goodbye.
10 out of 10!











Hawkeye #17



This is so weird. It's one of the odder comic books but I love it for that reason. Clint watches a Christmas special with a family that lives in the apartment building he bought, and falls asleep. He dreams about himself and other Marvel characters as characters from the show...It's odd in all the right ways.
9 out of 10!











PICK OF THE WEEK:

























COVER OF THE WEEK:


No comments:

Post a Comment