Sunday, April 28, 2013

Go-Figure Post #4

Hey guys, I got a mixed bag of customs today! We have an Avengers 6" Loki, a 6" Black Widow, a Transformers Prime Thundertron, a DCUC Aquaman, and another mod on my Mark 7 Iron Man from the Avengers

Loki:
Before:















After:
Basically this is a repaint, and mod I guess is the way to describe it. If you want to do this, you'll need a black sharpie paint marker, crazy glue, an exacto knife, 2 of the cosmic spears from a 3" Avengers Loki, fodder lightning effects, the tesseract is from the 3" Captain America Red Skull, extra hair pieces or you can sculpt your own if you can sculpt (which I cannot), green and black cloth (or you can do what I did and sharpie a white tshirt and cut out what you need. Easier to get the exact color you want.), and of course, you'll need the walmart exclusive Avengers 6" Loki.
I personally am not a fan of all plastic robes. I find that it can inhibit movement. Therefore Instead of using plastic I used cloth for the robes under Loki's main "Jacket", cut the shoulder pauldrons off his cape, applied the cloth cape, and glued the pauldrons over that. I Sharpied the sleeves and the main "Jacket" as well as some of the gold on his torso under the jacket. For the hair I took some heads from my fodder bin, glued the hair down, and sharpied it to give Loki his longer hair in Avengers as opposed to his movie 1 length which the figure originally came with. For the long staff, I just combined two of the 3" Loki staffs. Now this isn't the last you'll see of the god of mischief. I MAY make a few more mods that I didn't see before,  but for now, I'm really likin it.






Black Widow:
Before:





















 
After:
For this you will need the Black Widow from the Marvel Legends Black Widow and Winter Soldier 2-pack, black sharpie paint marker, crazy glue, an exacto knife, fodder gun holsters and pistols,  a red sharpie paint marker, fodder hair bits or sculpt your own, and your choice of black thread/rope ( I particularly used the black rope from the zip lines of the G.I.Joe Retaliation Ninja figures.) This was basically A LOT of patience trying to glue down those damn wire pieces. The belt buckle and shield logos on her arm are from a 3" Avengers Black Widow. The Red sharpie paint marker is to make all the hair pieces match, and the black was to make the boots glossy. It may not look exactly like ScarJo but I'll take it!




Transformers Prime Thundertron:
Before:




After:
You will need a Thundertron figure, blue sharpie paint marker, white sharpie paint marker, silver sharpie paint marker, crazy glue, exacto knife, Star Seeker logo print outs, blue cloth, War for Cybertron Optimus, and fodder weapons.As with my previous Transformers custom, I can't even begin to pinpoint exactly what I did, I basically just came up with a design and ran with it. The only thing I can say is the foot. Take the foot of a Transformers War for Cybertron Optimus, paint it, add a ball joint to it, and crazy glue a balljoint to that one and it should work. Other than that, all I can say is if you want to do this, just try to follow the pictures.









Aquaman
Before:


After:
You'll need an exacto knife, crazy glue, Marvel Legends Ghost Rider shoulder pads, same black rope from Widow, a DCUC Aquaman, rubberbands, a DC Collectibles New 52 Aquaman, and a silver sharpie paint marker. As with Thundertron, try to follow the pictures.





Iron Man Mark.VII
Before:

 
After:
Basically I swapped out the forearm rocket pads for bigger ones, I gave him a raised arc reactor, added some armor bits to the wrists of the gauntlet, added some armor to his shoulders and rather than keep painting the fading gold on his chest, I glued down some gold armor bits.
 


 



And lastly this pic is for pipecito2112's creativity place who asked to see a comparison picture of the Disney store exclusive Marvel Select Hawkeye and a DCUC Green Lantern:

No comments:

Post a Comment